Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Family Fast

This Sunday we are asking that everyone in the family, take the time to fast that Mom and Dad's house might sell. Some of us have fasted in the past, but usually for a number of things, not just one thing in specific. I think that all of us, unified together, fasting for one purpose, with true intent, and sincere purpose, will make a difference. I know we are all out doing different things, and have different circumstances, but I believe the Lord knows the intents of our hearts, and that he will bless us. Please join us in fasting this Sunday and let's see if we can get a miracle! Thanks everyone! Much love!

"We observe that in the scriptures, fasting almost always is linked with prayer. Without prayer, fasting is not complete fasting; it’s simply going hungry. If we want our fasting to be more than just going without eating, we must lift our hearts, our minds, and our voices in communion with our Heavenly Father. Fasting, coupled with mighty prayer, is powerful. It can fill our minds with the revelations of the Spirit. It can strengthen us against times of temptation." James E. Faust

"If we fast..... the Lord promises:
“Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; …
“Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. …
“And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
“And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, … and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not” (Isa. 58:8–11)."
-Carl P. Pratt of the seventy

4 comments:

M {3 said...

Thanks Steph for letting everyone know. When Arlene asked me if we had done this specifically I guess I realized in my self pity I hadn't. If only we get an idea of what we should be doing it would be a blessing. I love and appreciate each of your love and concern.

Bubba said...

This is a great idea and hopefully we can all support you in this and participate.. and the James E. Faust quote is my favorite on fasting. Just remember, fasting without prayer is just starving yourself! I would even reccomend starting to pray about your fast now and maybe ask how you can better prepare for it. May we all have our afflicted souls "satisfied."

M {3 said...

Great idea Bubba, I'll have to do that.

Biggie T said...

I know we have some very spiritual giants in our family and appreciate any of you who are willing to participate with us. Mom and I do so much better when we are together - the distance during the week has really gotten old. Thank you for all your prayers and fasting as we seek a miracle to sell our house in this tough housing slump.