Saturday, December 22, 2007

(Our) Prayer




All of our hearts and prayers are with Grandpa and the family tonight, I'm sure. He started to sing us his favorite song tonight, but couldn't get through but a few words... I thought I would share the lyrics with you. This was the song him and Grandma danced to at their wedding and it touched the hearts of all of us in the room when he actually began to sing tonight through all of his pain.


My Prayer
The Platters


When the twilight is gone and no songbirds are singing


When the twilight is gone you come into my heart


And here in my heart you will stay while I pray


My prayer is to linger with you


At the end of the day in a dream that's divine


My prayer is a rapture in blue


With the world far away and your lips close to mine


Tonight while our hearts are aglow


Oh tell me the words that I'm longing to know


My prayer and the answer you give


May they still be the same for as long as we live


That you'll always be there at the end of my prayer

Sleep well tonight Grandpa... Our prayers are with you.

4 comments:

M {3 said...

Thank you so much for posting this. How fitting the words to their song seem now. I am grateful you guys have that memory to carry with you forever. He is truly loved.<3

mamasteph said...

I've done nothing but cry for the past day, and this brought fresh tears to my eyes. I remember being able to play it (barely) on the flute when I was 12 or 13 at their 50 wedding anniversary. Grandpa is in our constant prayers and we hope he know how very, very much we love him.

Biggie T said...

I agree - these word ar so appropriate. I'm glad you were there to share that moment with him. I hope he knows how much we are praying for him.

I loved the pictures. I love it that Pops has never let fashion get in the way of comfort!

M {3 said...

He seems to be the miracle energizer bunny... His physical therapist says he is getting stronger despite the numbers. He has an echo gram tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers.
M<3